What’s next for Glenthorne
As 2020 draws to a close, you may be wondering what will be happening next at Glenthorne National Park-Ityamaiitpinna Yarta. Here’s what’s planned.
It’s been a busy and memorable year at Glenthorne with several exciting milestones celebrated including the proclamation of Glenthorne as a national park, a host of community and school planting events and the opening of the interim loop trail to name a few.
If you’re wondering what’s next for Glenthorne in 2021, here are some highlights to look forward to:
- An exciting new program of Glenthorne Action Team volunteer events across the Glenthorne Precinct.
- Planning and commencement of construction of the trail network.
- Planning and commencement of construction of the nature play space – including engagement activities with local schools.
- Restoration of heritage buildings and associated works around the Heritage Precinct.
- Implementing the Environmental Restoration Fund – 2021 Winter Revegetation Program which will include community planting events and land management activities like weed control.
- Commencement of roads and car parking construction.
- Development and commencement of construction of the Glenthorne Hub including paving, landscaping, furniture, earthworks and services.
- Development and integration of interpretation and wayfinding materials for the Glenthorne Property section of the national park.
- The opening of Happy Valley Reservoir as part of the Glenthorne Precinct.
- Flinders University undertaking an ‘archaeological dig’ within the heritage area.
Find out more by viewing the Glenthorne National Park Master Plan.